Thursday, July 17, 2008

:: Indulge Indulgz ::

It's time for some yummy food. Mel, Jerlyn and I decided to go to Indulgz Bistro and indulge in their yummy food. There isn't too much of a crowd when we arrive at around 7.30 on a mid-week evening.

There we were sitted comfortably on the plushy 4-seater Booth Seats cushioned in maroon seating looking at the menu and we found out that we are all so hungry we could almost eat a cow each. So we decided to order 2 soups, 2 starters, 3 main course and 1 dessert! Sorry folks, but we didn't take any pictures cos we were too hungry that start attacking the food the minute it is being served.

Let's start with the soup.

Wild Crabmeat & Fresh Thyme Soup - The soup taste rich and creamy and you get lots of crabmeat in it. Yummilicious!

Wholesome Seafood & Wolfberries Broth - No doubt, this is a broth. It's clear and looks every bit like our chinese double-boiled soup except that this has got a very strong seafood taste. Not really to my liking, I'll stick to my traditional chinese double-boiled soup.

Spicy Chicken Bolognaise Melted Cheese Fries - This dish is perfect. With the melted cheese covering almost every single piece of fries, this is something not to be missed. If you are not a spicy person, there's Chicken Bolognaise Melted Cheese Fries for you too.

Battered Egg-Tofu with Tabasco Lemon Mayo - The egg-tofu may taste a bit bland and plain but pair it with the unique Tabasco Lemon Mayo, all you get is the oomph factor. I think I like the sauce so much that I almost eat it on its own.

Fresh Seafood Platter with White Pepper Sauce for 1 - This seafood platter comes with raisins butter rice, 1 whole slipper lobster, 1 large tiger prawn, 2 mussels and 2 gratinated scallops & mozzarella cheese. The raisins butter rice is a tad too bland, the mussels and scallops are fresh but the tiger prawn has a very strong smell, too strong for me to take it. Didn't try the slipper lobster though.

Char-grilled Ribeye Steak - I requested it medium well and it was perfect done to what I expected. With their homemade Duxcelle (mixture of mushrooms) Red Wine sauce, this is a dish not to be missed!

Slipper lobster & Wild Creabmeat Pasta (Cream) - Indulgz only serves linguine but they do their pasta perfect. The wild crabmeat sauce taste similar to the Wild Crabmeat with fresh thyme soup, but I like it.

Belgium Waffles with Vanilla Ice-cream & Peaches - 3 pieces of warm Belgium Waffles served with smooth vanilla ice-cream, cubed peaches & a drizzle of chocolate fudge. The waffles have a sugarey feel and taste perfect when pair with the smooth vanilla ice-cream.

By the time we finish everything, we can almost feel our tummy bursting out. The food is good, but the ambience is better. Great place for dinner with a few close friends or even a romantic night with your love ones.

No comments: