Monday, April 24, 2006

:: Man with JRT in Orchard Road ::

As the title says, Man with JRT in Orchard Road

I was on my way to Plaza Singapura on Saturday afternoon when I saw this man with his Jack Russell. The JRT is such a cute little darling... But that man is realli too much. He was riding on the bicycle with the poor JRT following him. The JRT was without collar or being leash. It seems like an abandon dog to me... She was crossing the road herself with an occassional glance from the man riding the bicycle. No one knows if the JRT belongs to that man or not. So after crossing 2 roads, flooded with people and cars, (the JRT could have been knock down by a car or trampled by we human)it started walking around the open space in front of Plaza Singapura.

I couldn't stand it anymore. I went up to the man asking him if the dog belongs to him. Yes! Indeed the dog belongs to him. He can even stare at me and say she won't bite. Now the thing is, it's not a matter of whether the dog will bite or not. But he is actually risking her life. A dog is a life too. You should be responsible for it. What will the man do if the dog is being run over by a car?

I shouted at him, telling him he is being a very irresponsible dog owner. He stare at me and cycle off, leaving the poor dog running after him...

I realli cannot stand this kind of things happening in our society. My frenz say that I'm being a "busybody". I shouldn't have go up to him and tell him off.

Why are Singaporeans becoming so cold-blooded? Maybe we realli should not care a hoot about people's business? I just wish that this society will be a better place to live in with people caring for one another.

No comments: