I was on my way home after school. It was very late as we stayed back for discussion on our Marcom project. I took a cab home, it was around 11.10pm. To my surprise, I got a cab easily outside Paradiz Centre. Travel along Little India via Lavender and soon I was along Geylang. Traffic was really slow. Although the traffic may be slow at times especially with those cars parking by the side and their owners buying durians. It was so slow, I was stuck in the jam for approximately half an hour.
Saw red and blue lights in front, a police car. The taxi driver told me there is an accident in front that explains the crawling traffic. Thinking that it could be just a minor accident whereby usually the injured only have some abrasions. That is not the case. I saw a body. Lying on the road. I was taken aback. Although the body was already covered with a white piece of cloth, I can still see the leg sticking out. The decease is a man, he is wearing a pair of sport shoes. It is the first time I see a fatal accident. The man was hit by a big truck. Headlight of the truck was smashed. I saw the driver of the truck. He too, stood there in a daze. He look lost.
I went home. Still in a daze. If the decease is a local, imagine his family receiving the news of his death right after midnight, how would they feel? If the decease is a foreign worker, his family back in his hometown receive the news, how would they feel too? He came all the way to Singapore, wanting to earn more money so that he can provide a better life to his family back home. Yet, this had to happen to him.
2 days later, it was reported in the news. A small one in Straits Times. It was a 66 year old man. No further report was made. The police are asking for witness to come forward.
Thursday, September 15, 2005
:: Fatal accident along Sims Avenue ::
Posted by
Fallen Angel
at
11:59 PM
Labels: Heavy-hearted
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment