Yesterday was the first lesson for Advertising 211. It was a pretty small class (only about 30+ students). Lecturer was a pretty 'cool and funky' lady... With her hair cropped so short, it is not difficult to guess she must be in the design, advertising industry (She juz seems to have the 'artistic' air around her, alright)
My new classmates pretty much keep to themselves. Either loner or keep to their own clique of 2. (Or maybe they are juz shy to approach others?) Each of them have their own style... At that point of time, I think a design school will be a much better choice for them... (Very individualistic people who doesn't care a hoot about what others think of their fashion sense). One-third of them are Chinese Nationals (Gosh! Why are they in this class??) Well... can't complain, they pay school fees too...
Anyway, this class is so quiet, unlike of an Advertising class... (I think, if I'm the lecturer, I feel so pissed. No participation from the class at all)...
Got to know a lady and a guy. Supposed to be my new group mates, but didn't even introduce each other or exchange phone numbers. That leaves me wondering if we will still be doing the project together or not. Heard the lecturer saying she doesn't restrict how many in a group. However, if it is just 2 person in a group, it may be a bit taxing and intense as we need to find a branded product, find 3 different advertisements of that product, use 'reverse engineer' to analyse the advertisement, re-create an advertisement and sell our idea to the company. Sounds easy but when it come to doing it, I bet it is not easy.
Guess, I've got to take each step at a time, see if things will turn out better next week. If not, I will be a walking zombie soon...
Wednesday, August 17, 2005
:: What a Class ::
Posted by
Fallen Angel
at
8:14 AM
Labels: Random Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment