Wednesday, September 03, 2008

:: No Subject ::

Somehow I'm beginning to enjoy taking a bus to work lately. It allows me to reflect on what I've done and allows me to day dream. I'm feeling melancholic today with no particular reason. Perhaps it's becos I've been thinking too much, too detailed.

A friend of mine share her story with me. She's only 29 this years, she dated a guy 9years ago, married him after getting together for 3 years and 6 years later they are heading for a separation. The guy didn't want to sign on the separation paper saying he still needs time to think through it. He was caught having an affair twice. And the 3rd party can still think that there's nothing wrong in pursuing her love and harrass my friend using sms and telephone call. My friend's husband is not the type who will go clubbing and drinking. He's the stingy type of man who doesn't splurge unnecessarily. But he has a bad habit of going online and know girls.

Somehow, I start to feel that I can relate to whatever is happening to my friend. I feel unsecured knowing that Facebook, Friendster (and all other social media) are on the rage. You never know if your partner is having a girlfriend/ boyfriend online and may have taken 1 step further.

I will be too subjective if I were to say Facebook is a home-wrecker but at least this is how I feel. I once indulge in Facebook, Friendster checking out my friends and throw water bomb, poke them and etc. But I find it too meaningless and serves no purpose in widening my circle of friends in this way. I rather keep to my real friends than having virtual friends whom you do not know who exactly they are.

No comments: