Wednesday, August 13, 2008

:: Singapore Pledge ::

Ok, it's time to get all patriotic since this is the Singapore National Day month.

How many of you still remembers the Singapore's pledge we always recite when we are in Primary/ Secondary school. And how many of you really understand what it means or are you plainly just reciting for the sake of reciting? And exactly how many of you know how to recite the Singapore's Pledge in Chinese? (I admit, I didn't know the Singapore's Pledge in chinese.. Hahaha)

So while trying not to make a fool of myself in case people ask about our pledge (Who on earth will ask this question anyway), I decided to google the Singapore's Pledge. And for those of you who are feeling patriotic yet like me, forgot the Singapore's Pledge, here you go:

Singapore's Pledge (English version)
We, the citizens of Singapore
Pledge ourselves as one united people
Regardless of race, language or religion
To build a democratic society
Based on justice and equality
So as to achieve happiness, prosperity & progress for our nation

信约
我们是新加坡公民, 誓愿部分种族,言语,宗教,
团结一致, 建设公正平等的民主社会, 并为实现国家之幸福,
繁荣与进步, 共同努力。

No comments: