I'm sick of coming to work at times. Because I know that everytime I come to work, it means "war time". Initially it means going to "war" with the new eCom Technical Manager aka SD and I find it challenging to be fighting a cock-eyed bull. But recently, it's not just him but the whole technical team. They started to play "politics" with us. They make it seems like they can't wait to see us die and rot in this department. To me, we won't die because of some politics but find it more challenging to fight it on. But this morning something happen that makes me feel very dishearten. The only kind soul in technical team is changing... Maybe I've never know him well at all. Maybe, too many maybe... It all started with a packet of tapioca chip. Childish it seems to be but that's them.
An email was send to us:
Subject: Why did you finish the tapioca whithout leaving some for us?
Content: Hi, Just to tell you that in future, please leave some for us. All of us here at IT Support have not tasted it at all. I brought it back for all to share but I didn't expect all of you to finish it up without leaving some for us.
Skype message:
Me: sorry abt the tapioca thingy...
Z:Yesterday, before XXX go to Suntec, he want to eat the tapioca but he later change his mind and said that he will eat it when he comes back. I know you all are hungry, that was why I pass to YYY when she ask if there is anything to eat, but what I don't anticipate is that you all finished it without even having any thought for us. It hurts me more than XXX when he came back to eat but found out that it was already finish. When I bought it in Malaysia, I always have XXX in mind when I picked up the Tapioca from the shelf..because I know he like this tapioca very much.
Me: i'm realli sorry cos i didn't know any of this thing
Z: Anyway, it is already done. It is ok. Just let the matter rest. I write you all the email just to let you know so that it will never happen again. In this world, it is not only you and me but there are others as well, so we should adopt sharing culture especially in this office. We want to work in a happy environment and as much as possible, we would like to share everything. Anyway, let bygone be bygone. No big deal. I will try to get something similar for XXX later on.
Me: i will ask YYY to buy similar chips when she goes back to malaysia this weekend.. and we realli did not know that some of you haven had tat chips
Z: No... it is ok. Don't need. I will get it for him later during lunch time.
Yes, it's just a packet of Tapioca chips but what saddens me is that we are trying to work in a happy environment but is anyone in the technical team doing the same thing as they preach.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
:: Sour-ed Relationship ::
Posted by
Fallen Angel
at
9:59 AM
Labels: Random Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Tapioca chips' fault
You gg to plant a tapoica tree right?
Post a Comment